Friday, July 30, 2010

Re- Grouping . . .

so it has almost been officially 1 month since my intuitive eating has started.  i have learned so much in a short period of time and made so much progress that which i am very proud of.

things now however, are starting to spiral a bit back into the same old way . . .  before IE.  i do have some anxiety/stress about some upcoming things in the next few months and i believe this is causing me to get out of tune with the rhythm of listening to my mind and my body equally.

what i have learned is that when i am in a good rhythm with everything, i feel on top of the world.  this happens when i am truly eating what i want and stopping when i am satisfied, eating mostly wholesome foods, exercising at least 3x per week (because it feels good), and taking some time out to relax and not worry about my never ending to-do list which is really filling up with boring and mundane things that MUST be done such as oil changes, laundry, cleaning . . . ect.  id say i dont have enough time, but in reality . . . i do, i just cant seem to make those things a priority until they are procrastinated until the very last minute.

so how do i balance this all out?  i deserve time to relax and have fun, but i also need to find a way to get all of these things done . . . .

i want to be in tune again so that i can enjoy the rhythm and make myself feel like i can do anything. my confidence is slowly slipping steps back and i dont like the feeling.

i created some 'wellness goals' for this week.  things that would ultimatley make the part of taking care of me satisfied.  things that i dont want on my to-do list because they would eventually seem like something i MUST do. and they are as follows . . . .

  1. Exercise: 2 gym workouts, 2 long cardio sessions. I would normally want 3 of each but skipping one makes me feel like i HAVE cram more in which leads me strangely to not do it at all so 2 seems like a good goal.
  2. Stock apartment with more wholesome foods, meals and snacks so i am not grabbing from the never ending sugar crash pile that leads to daily naps and lethargy
  3. Meditate at LEAST 2x this week for at least 10min, this truly does wonders for centering myself, whether it is before a hectic day at work, or coming home after the hectic day to sit with my feelings, both seem to help me break my robotic shield and realize there is more to life then duties.
  4. Have one lazy sleep-in morning.  I was fortunate enough to have one of those last week and damn, it felt really good! Even though i had work later that day, just lazing around in my pajamas making a cup of coffee to put in a REAL mug and not a travel mug just was exactly what i needed to do.
  5. Make plans with a friend. I am the WORST at hanging out with my own friends, i love my friends dont get me wrong, but it is so hard sometimes for the stars to align.  Plus, i put so much pressure on myself that everyone should have a good time that i get lost in these thoughts and lose sight of what really matters, being with people that care about me and having a good time!

i hope these goals will also help me write in here more and document my life better. i feel best when my thoughts are somewhere out there, scrambled or not.

i would like to report though that i have already checked off #5.  i have made plans for chris and i to have dinner with our friends, a couple who just got married (i was in her wedding).  we havent all been together in a while, so it will be nice to see them and catch up, this is next week though . .. . but the plans were still made :D

until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment